Pear Bread Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced peeled pears
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, baking soda and nutmeg; set aside. In another bowl, whisk the sugar, oil and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be stiff). Stir in pears.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 158 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pear Bread
"This was yummy! I was looking to use up 3 pears hanging in the fruit basket. I did add some changes but we all ate it up. I used all ingredients as listed, but added 1/2 cup brown sugar and I did replaced melted cocoanut oil instead of vegetable oil--I measured a 1/2 cup oil and then melted it... I did add 1 TBS of cinnamon too, and it was perfect for the family liking.I don't own mini loafs--so I made one regular size bread and the extra I made muffins and pulled those out when they were ready. When cooled, I drizzled with icing...prob not the healthiest bread--but my teenage boys will eat them up for sure."
"Homemade taste, very moist. Instead of vegetable oil, I used melted coconut oil. It gave the bread extra flavor and a wonderful aroma that blended well with the pear. After tasting the batter, I added 1/2 Cup more sugar. This recipe is not overly sweet, yet kid tested and approved. I will make this again."
"When it says the better aillbe stiff, they aren't kidding! I got nervous and added some milk, but I will make this again without adding it next time."
"Easy to make and very yummy!"
"I made this bread because I had all the ingredients. My husband, friends and I loved it! Sliced into 1/4" thick slices, it's perfect with a cup of hot tea."
"This is delicious! Easy to make and did during part of a football game before dinner. However, I did revise the recipe: I used whole wheat flour and brown sugar in place of all-purpose flour and sugar. I did NOT peel the pears that came from our organic growing pear tree. The bread was baked and done in only 50 minutes. I'm sure it's good/delicious either way!"