- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced peeled pears
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, baking soda and nutmeg; set aside. In another bowl, whisk the sugar, oil and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be stiff). Stir in pears.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Pear Bread(6)
Sort By :
This recipe was the first pear bread recipe I've ever made. I accidentally put in 1 teaspoon of nutmeg instead of 1/2 teaspoon, though. However, it tastes fantastic! This recipe is definitely a keeper! Me & my family absolutely love the flavor of this bread, and it's so easy to make!
Homemade taste, very moist. Instead of vegetable oil, I used melted coconut oil. It gave the bread extra flavor and a wonderful aroma that blended well with the pear. After tasting the batter, I added 1/2 Cup more sugar. This recipe is not overly sweet, yet kid tested and approved. I will make this again.
When it says the better aillbe stiff, they aren't kidding! I got nervous and added some milk, but I will make this again without adding it next time.
Easy to make and very yummy!
I made this bread because I had all the ingredients. My husband, friends and I loved it! Sliced into 1/4" thick slices, it's perfect with a cup of hot tea.