Combined in a sensational bite-size package are some of my favorites items—blue cheese, pears and walnut. My coworkers snatch them up when I bring them in for office festivities.—Heidi Der, Stow, Ohio
Recommended: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large pears, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add pears; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in honey and salt; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until pears are lightly browned. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in cheeses.
- Place tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Fill each with 1-1/2 teaspoons filling; sprinkle with walnuts. Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pear-Blue Cheese Tartlets in Appetizers for Every Occasion 2012 2012, p27
Reviews for Pear-Blue Cheese Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review