Pear Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1 slice sweet onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons poppy seed salad dressing
- 1. In a small heavy skillet, melt sugar over low heat. Add walnuts and stir to coat. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Divide lettuce between two serving plates; top with the cheddar cheese, pear and onion. Sprinkle with blue cheese and sugared walnuts. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cheddar cheese and fat-free salad dressing) equals 312 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 682 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.