Pear Bar Cookies Recipe
When you're in the mood for bars that are a little bit different, bake these spiced goodies featuring mellow pears and tender coconut. The small-size batch will disappear before you know it.—Cora Dunlop, Boston Bar, British Columbia
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium pears, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and ginger; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Gently stir in pears and coconut.
- 3. Spread over warm crust. Bake 20-23 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 bars.
1 serving (1 each) equals 182 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC