Pear Applesauce Recipe
A great way to satisfy your sweet tooth—fat-free and for only 120 calories! —Jenny Cohen, Baltimore
- 3 medium apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium pears, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Mash until sauce is desired consistency. Serve warm or cold. Yield: about 2 cups.
1/2 cup equals 120 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Pear Applesauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC