- 3 medium apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium pears, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Mash until sauce is desired consistency. Serve warm or cold. Yield: about 2 cups.
Reviews for Pear Applesauce
Sort By :
"Our only complaint with this recipe is that it didn't make more! Nice, easy recipe. We used fresh fruit that was overly ripe. A little worried that it would not 'set up' but eventually did thicken and everyone enjoyed."
"DELISH!!! So easy to make and the kids LOVE it! Tripled the recipe and threw everything in the crock pot on low for about 6 hours (it may not take as long with the original portion recipe). The house smelled A-MAZING while it was cooking. I canned some and put some in 2oz plastic containers for the kids lunch. Will be hitting the farmers market up again and making another batch next weekend!"
"This stuff is amazing! We made a huge batch of this and canned it so we can enjoy it all winter."
"Delicious and easy to make!"