A great way to satisfy your sweet tooth—fat-free and for only 120 calories! —Jenny Cohen, Baltimore
- 3 medium apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium pears, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Mash until sauce is desired consistency. Serve warm or cold. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Pear Applesauce in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p61
Reviews for Pear Applesauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review