Pear Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3-1/2 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups sliced peeled pears
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing lightly with a fork until the dough forms a ball. On a floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Flute edges. In a large bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and remaining flour. Add apples and pears; toss. Pour into crust.
- 2. For topping, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until fruit is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 360 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Pear Apple Pie
"Alright...I changed a few things such as I added plums to my pie. I had to add a little more flour to the apple, pear, plum combo as the pears were very juicy. I added brown sugar instead of plain white sugar to the apple combo. It took 50 minutes and was absolutely delicious. Will make again!"
"This is a great pie!!! I did change it a bit. I used refridgerated pie crust. I had some apples and pears leftover from picking and it turned out awesome. I did not use the walnuts as I cannot have nuts. This has become a family favorite very fast. Thanks for the recipe!!"