By using canned fruit, I eliminate time-consuming peeling and slicing. Usually, I slide it in the oven right next to the meat dish. The oven-fresh crisp is ready to eat when we're done with dinner.—Judy Foye, Freeport, Maine
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- Ice cream, optional
- In a greased 9-in. square baking dish, combine pie filling and pears; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour oats and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pear Apple Crisp in Country Woman July/August 2000, p41
Reviews for Pear Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2012
"no taste comparison to using real apples/pears. and look at how many calories this has compared to fresh fruit"
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2011
"This tastes and smells fabulous.Very nice for fall but I make it all year. Thanks for the receipe."