Pear Apple Crisp Recipe
By using canned fruit, I eliminate time-consuming peeling and slicing. Usually, I slide it in the oven right next to the meat dish. The oven-fresh crisp is ready to eat when we're done with dinner.Judy Foye, Freeport, Maine
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- Ice cream, optional
- In a greased 9-in. square baking dish, combine pie filling and pears; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour oats and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pear Apple Crisp in Country Woman July/August 2000, p41
Reviews for Pear Apple Crisp(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review