- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter
- until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough
- forms a ball. Roll out to a 14-in. circle. Transfer pastry to a
- 14-in. pizza pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, almonds, flour, lemon peel and
- cinnamon. Add pears; toss to coat. Spoon over the pastry to within 2
- in. of edges; dot with butter. Fold edges of pastry over pears.
- For topping, beat egg white and water. Brush over pastry; sprinkle
- with coarse sugar. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until
- golden brown.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Pour
- over warm tart. Sprinkle with almonds. Cool on a wire rack. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 308 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.