Pear-adise Spice Twists Recipe
Flaky, buttery pear dumplings bake on top of a sweet caramel syrup for a delicious dessert. I like to serve them alongside cinnamon ice cream. —Wendy Nickel, Kiester, Minnesota
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- 2 large Bosc pears
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide in half; wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Peel pears and cut each into eight wedges. Roll out each portion of dough into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Cut each into eight 1-in.-wide strips. Wrap each strip around a pear wedge.
- Place wrapped pears in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine brown sugar and spices; sprinkle over the top. In a small saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil; pour mixture over pear twists. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pear-adise Spice Twists in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p147
Reviews for Pear-adise Spice Twists(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review