- 4 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups pear nectar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear; drain. Set chops aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion and fennel in butter until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, pear nectar, syrup and nutmeg until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pear 'n' Fennel Pork in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p165
Reviews for Pear 'n' Fennel Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review