Pear 'n' Apple Cobbler Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1-1/2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg and orange juice until smooth. Gently stir in pie filling and pears. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, milk and butter just until blended. Pour hot filling into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drop batter in six mounds onto fruit mixture. Combine the remaining sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and a toothpick inserted in the biscuit topping comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pear 'n' Apple Cobbler(2)
Sort By :
Very good! I loved the apple flavor and what the pear did to it. I forgot to put the sugar on top of the biscuit mix though. It still tasted really good!
Tasty! I usually cut up my own fruit, but really enjoy recipes such as this to bring when we RV. I put as many ingredients together as possible in a zip lock bag with instructions.