Pear, Ham & Cheese Pastry Pockets Recipe
I came up with this simple recipe one night for a quick dinner. They're perfect with a cup of soup for a delicious weeknight meal. —Terri Crandall, Gardnerville, Nevada
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey Dijon mustard
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 8 slices deli ham
- 4 slices Muenster cheese, halved diagonally
- 1 medium red pear, very thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold each sheet of puff pastry. Cut each into four squares. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard over each square to within 1/2 in. of edges. Brush egg over edges of pastry.
- On one corner of each square, layer ham, cheese, pear and onion. Fold opposite corner over filling, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining egg.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pear, Ham & Cheese Pastry Pockets in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p38
Reviews for Pear, Ham & Cheese Pastry Pockets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >