Pear, Ham & Cheese Pastry Pockets Recipe
I came up with this simple recipe one night for a quick dinner. They're perfect with a cup of soup for a delicious weeknight meal. —Terri Crandall, Gardnerville, Nevada
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 slices deli ham
- 4 slices Muenster cheese, halved diagonally
- 1 medium red pear, very thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold each sheet of puff pastry. Cut each into four squares. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard over each square to within 1/2 in. of edges. Brush egg over edges of pastry.
- 2. On one corner of each square, layer ham, cheese, pear and onion. Fold opposite corner over filling, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining egg.
Bake 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pockets in a freezer container, separating with waxed paper. To use, reheat pockets on a baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC