Pear, Ham & Cheese Pastry Pockets
I came up with this simple recipe one night for a quick dinner. They're perfect with a cup of soup for a delicious weeknight meal. —Terri Crandall, Gardnerville, Nevada
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey Dijon mustard
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 8 slices deli ham
- 4 slices Muenster cheese, halved diagonally
- 1 medium red pear, very thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold each sheet of puff pastry. Cut each
- into four squares. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard over each square
- to within 1/2 in. of edges. Brush egg over edges of pastry.
- On one corner of each square, layer ham, cheese, pear and onion. Fold
- opposite corner over filling, forming a triangle; press edges with a
- fork to seal. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Brush tops with
- remaining egg.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8