- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into large crumbles. Add pears; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Drain rigatoni; add to sausage mixture. Add spinach, cream and 1/4 cup cheese; cook 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Top with remaining cheese. If desired, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pear & Turkey Sausage Rigatoni
Sort By :
"YUM and SIMPLE!!! What a rich flavor and heartiness this dish has. The pear adds a hint of sweetness. I found a basil pesto turkey-chicken sausage at Trader Joe's that added a tiny spice kick to round off this great tasting dish. Super easy and quick to make."