Pear & Turkey Sausage Rigatoni
The sweet pear, salty sausage and creamy blue cheese are a wonderful combination in this dish. It tastes just like something you'd get at a great restaurant. —Debby Harden, Williamston, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes
- or until no longer pink, breaking into large crumbles. Add pears;
- cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Drain rigatoni; add to sausage mixture. Add spinach, cream and 1/4
- cup cheese; cook 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring
- occasionally. Top with remaining cheese. If desired, sprinkle with
- almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups (calculated without almonds) equals 273 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.