Pear & Turkey Sausage Rigatoni Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- 1. Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into large crumbles. Add pears; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Drain rigatoni; add to sausage mixture. Add spinach, cream and 1/4 cup cheese; cook 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Top with remaining cheese. If desired, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups (calculated without almonds): 273 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Pear & Turkey Sausage Rigatoni
"My husband was skeptical about the pears, but now says the pears and the nuts "made it"! A true gourmet entree that we will make again soon. Definitely something we would serve to guests!"
"Yes, this is truly like something from a 5 star restaurant!! What a wonderful combination of flavors and textures. Comes together very quickly too. I did not add the blue cheese to the top as it's not a favorite of my husbands but kept the 1/4 c in the sauce. I can't wait to make this again!!"
"This was savory, and creamy wth a touch of Sweetness. Delicious!!"
"YUM and SIMPLE!!! What a rich flavor and heartiness this dish has. The pear adds a hint of sweetness. I found a basil pesto turkey-chicken sausage at Trader Joe's that added a tiny spice kick to round off this great tasting dish. Super easy and quick to make."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.