- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash salt
- 3 medium Bosc pears
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce (about 6 ounces), torn
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup crumbled Boursin garlic and fine herbs cheese (half of a 5.2-ounce package) or garlic and herb feta cheese
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut one pear lengthwise in half; peel, core and coarsely chop one pear half. Add chopped pear to blender; cover and process until blended. Cut remaining pears and pear half lengthwise into 1/4-in. slices.
- Arrange lettuce on four plates. Top with pears, pomegranate seeds and pecans; sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with dressing; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pear & Pomegranate Salad
"This is an elegant salad but it was enough work to prepare that I'd only serve it for a fancy dinner. I would also only make this again if the bagged pomegranate seeds were available. I had little red spots all over the kitchen from scooping out the seeds!. My grocer had neither the bagged seeds nor the boursin & garlic cheese and my family dislikes feta cheese so I did not add any cheese.. It is a very tasty and unusual salad however."