A tart cranberry dressing balances beautifully with sweet, juicy pears in this salad that’s easy to make and sure to impress. This recipe is light on carbs and quick to make—and it’s oh so good! —Jerry Gulley, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Recommended: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
- 2 tablespoons champagne or rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced shallot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 10 cups Boston lettuce
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Process champagne, 1/4 cup cranberries, shallot, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small food processor until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a bowl, combine lettuce and pears. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining cranberries. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Pear & Pecan Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p74
Reviews for Pear & Pecan Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review