Peanutty Pork Stir-Fry
The easy, colorful stir-fry with an Asian flavor will become a popular mainstay at your house. "It even tastes great as cold leftovers," notes Gina Berry of Chanhassen, Minnesota.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. In a large skillet,
- stir-fry pork in oil until no longer pink. Add the red pepper,
- carrot and onions; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until
- Stir in the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, peanut butter and reserved
- pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Stir in peanuts and pineapple. Serve with rice if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 486 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,492 mg sodium,