- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. In a large skillet, stir-fry pork in oil until no longer pink. Add the red pepper, carrot and onions; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, peanut butter and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peanuts and pineapple. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peanutty Pork Stir-Fry in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p33
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Peanutty Pork Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review