Peanutty Pork Kabobs Recipe
Cubes of pork tenderloin and green pepper chunks get a spicy treatment from a combination of peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes. Reserving half of this mixture to use as a basting sauce adds an extra boost of flavor. -Ellen Koch, St. Martinville, Louisiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a large bow, combine the first seven ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container; add pork and turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard the marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate pork and green peppers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes, turning once.
- 3. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear, turning and basting frequently. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC