Peanutty Pork Kabobs
Cubes of pork tenderloin and green pepper chunks get a spicy treatment from a combination of peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes. Reserving half of this mixture to use as a basting sauce adds an extra boost of flavor.
-Ellen Koch, St. Martinville, Louisiana
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bow, combine the first seven ingredients. Set aside 1/2
- cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into
- a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container; add pork
- and turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours,
- turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard the marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternate pork and green peppers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat
- for 6 minutes, turning once.
- Baste with reserved marinade. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until meat
- juices run clear, turning and basting frequently. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a