Peanutty Pops Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 10 disposable plastic cups (3 ounces each)
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl; beat in peanut butter and milk until smooth. Pour into cups.
- 2. Cover each cup with heavy-duty foil; insert sticks through foil. Place in a 9-in. square pan. Freeze until firm. Remove foil and cups before serving. Yield: 10 ice pops.
One ice pop (prepared with reduced-fat peanut butter and 2% chocolate milk) equals 187 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 milk, 1/2 starch.