Peanutty Popcorn Balls
Send yuletide visitors home with one of these tasty gourmet treats wrapped in colored cellophane and pretty ribbons, suggests Candace Harris from Walker, Minnesota...or tuck one in the toe of Christmas stockings.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing
- 2 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Dash salt
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn and peanuts; set aside. In a
- small microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup,
- peanut butter and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-45
- seconds or until bubbly; stir. Pour over popcorn mixture; mix well.
- When cool enough to handle, quickly shape into two 2-1/2-in. balls.
- Let stand at room temperature until firm before wrapping in plastic
- wrap. Yield: 2 popcorn balls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 popcorn ball equals 421 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 394 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein.