The secret to this munchable mixture, which will quickly disappear when you serve it to family and friends, is in the flavor—it's so inviting that folks can't stop with just one bite! Writes Kitty Henderson from Hazelhurst, Georgia, "I also make my nutty snack to give as holiday gifts. Everyone loves it."—Kitty Henderson, Hazlehurst, Georgia
- 25 whole graham crackers, broken into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 2-1/2 cups raisins
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 gallon-size resealable plastic bags
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (18 ounces) crunchy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine graham crackers, peanuts and raisins; set aside. Divide confectioners' sugar between the bags; set aside. Divide confectioners' sugar between the bags; set aside. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook and stir chocolate chips and peanut butter until melted. Pour over graham cracker mixture; stir until well coated. Immediately divide the mixture between the bags; seal and shake well. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 13 cups.
Originally published as Peanutty Party Mix in Country Woman September/October 1996, p23
Reviews for Peanutty Party Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2013
"I used Chex cereal instead of the peanuts as that is what I had on hand. It is very good - next time I would add some vanilla to the chocolate pb mix."