Peanutty Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups finely chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- M&M's miniature baking bits or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Combine the peanuts, butter and sugar; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and corn syrup. Add coconut and peanuts. Stir in ice cream just until combined. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm. Just before serving, sprinkle with M&M's or chocolate chips. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 432 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.