- 1-1/3 cups finely chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- M&M's miniature baking bits or semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine the peanuts, butter and sugar; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and corn syrup. Add coconut and peanuts. Stir in ice cream just until combined. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm. Just before serving, sprinkle with M&M's or chocolate chips. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peanutty Ice Cream Pie
"This is a great make-ahead recipe. I like to also sprinkle some chopped peanuts over the top of the pie, and I also sometimes drizzle chocolate syrup over the top of each slice. I have made this recipe using a purchased graham cracker crust (in place of the peanut crust in the recipe) with good results and I think that a chocolate crumb crust would be good too."