Peanutty Ice Cream Pie Recipe
A friend gave me this recipe almost 20 years ago. The unique crust makes these cool slices extra peanutty and perfect for a party. I keep the recipe handy since it's great for any occasion. -Donna Cline, Pensacola, Florida
- 1-1/3 cups finely chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- M&M's miniature baking bits or semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine the peanuts, butter and sugar; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and corn syrup. Add coconut and peanuts. Stir in ice cream just until combined. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm. Just before serving, sprinkle with M&M's or chocolate chips. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peanutty Ice Cream Pie in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peanutty Ice Cream Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >