Peanutty Cream-Filled Pastry Shells Recipe
These delicious desserts say indulgent and decadent, but couldn't be any easier to make. Make them ahead for that weekend party coming up; they're perfect for guests. Teri Rasey - Cadillac, Michigan
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- Chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1. Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions. Cool completely. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter, milk and lemon juice. Fold in whipped topping.
- 2. Place shells on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Remove tops; save for another use. Pour 1 teaspoon hard-shell topping into each pastry shell. Mound 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture over topping. Drizzle with an additional 1 teaspoon topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peanutty Cream-Filled Pastry Shells
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC