We use peanuts in a variety of dishes. This tender chicken, covered in a tasty gravy and sprinkled with peanuts, has a zip that perks up taste buds.—Mary Kay Dixson, Decatur, Alabama
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2/3 to 1 cup salted peanuts
- Orange slices or minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, salt and pepper; rub over
- chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until golden
- brown. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until juices
- run clear.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Add orange juice
- to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; simmer for 5
- minutes. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish with
- orange slices and cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 725 calories, 51 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 192 mg cholesterol, 977 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 55 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as