Peanutty Chicken Recipe
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2/3 to 1 cup salted peanuts
- Orange slices or minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until golden brown. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 2. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Add orange juice to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish with orange slices and cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 725 calories, 51g fat (17g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 977mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 55g protein
Reviews for Peanutty Chicken
"Tasty chicken recipe but nothing outstanding. Recipe does not produce a very flavorful sauce; I'm unsure if I was supposed to remove all but a small portion of fat to deglaze. Instead, I followed the recipe as written and wound up with a very thin and flavorless sauce. I did enjoy the peanuts; and if you have a dinner with side dishes that are strong in flavor, perhaps this milder chicken dish is apropos."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.