We use peanuts in a variety of dishes. This tender chicken, covered in a tasty gravy and sprinkled with peanuts, has a zip that perks up taste buds.—Mary Kay Dixson, Decatur, Alabama
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2/3 to 1 cup salted peanuts
- Orange slices or minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until golden brown. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Add orange juice to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish with orange slices and cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peanutty Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p44
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Peanutty Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review