Peanutty Chicken Recipe
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2/3 to 1 cup salted peanuts
- Orange slices or minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until golden brown. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Add orange juice to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish with orange slices and cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Peanutty Chicken(2)
Sort By :
This was a nice change of pace to weekday chicken dinner. Easy to prepare and my husband and sons loved it!
Tasty chicken recipe but nothing outstanding. Recipe does not produce a very flavorful sauce; I'm unsure if I was supposed to remove all but a small portion of fat to deglaze. Instead, I followed the recipe as written and wound up with a very thin and flavorless sauce. I did enjoy the peanuts; and if you have a dinner with side dishes that are strong in flavor, perhaps this milder chicken dish is apropos.