Peanutty Caramel Bars Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels, water and 1/2 cup peanut butter on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until melted. Add cereal and peanuts; toss to coat. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.
- 2. In another microwave-safe bowl, melt chips, butter and remaining peanut butter on high for 20-50 seconds; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Peanutty Caramel Bars
"I made these for my family and the kids really loved them, so I brought a batch to work and everyone wanted the recipe. I will absolutely make these again."
"We love these bars. My husband couldn't stop eating them. Good thing I only made a half batch in a 9x9 for the first try! Nothing I would change except I use light margarine instead of butter."
"These are Delicious!!!"