Peanutty Caramel Bars Recipe
Made in the microwave, these sweet and chewy bars can be stirred by very quickly. Loaded with caramel, chocolate, peanuts and peanut butter, they remind some folks of a candy bar. Kids of all ages love them. —Charlene Bennett Clearville, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels, water and 1/2 cup peanut butter on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until melted. Add cereal and peanuts; toss to coat. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.
- 2. In another microwave-safe bowl, melt chips, butter and remaining peanut butter on high for 20-50 seconds; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC