Peanutty Caramel Bars Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels, water and 1/2 cup peanut butter on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until melted. Add cereal and peanuts; toss to coat. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.
- 2. In another microwave-safe bowl, melt chips, butter and remaining peanut butter on high for 20-50 seconds; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with an 1100-watt microwave. Reduced-fat or generic brands of peanut butter are not recommended for this recipe.
1 each: 154 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Peanutty Caramel Bars
"I made these for my family and the kids really loved them, so I brought a batch to work and everyone wanted the recipe. I will absolutely make these again."
"We love these bars. My husband couldn't stop eating them. Good thing I only made a half batch in a 9x9 for the first try! Nothing I would change except I use light margarine instead of butter."
"These are Delicious!!!"