Made in the microwave, these sweet and chewy bars can be stirred by very quickly. Loaded with caramel, chocolate, peanuts and peanut butter, they remind some folks of a candy bar. Kids of all ages love them. —Charlene Bennett Clearville, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels, water and 1/2 cup peanut butter on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until melted. Add cereal and peanuts; toss to coat. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt chips, butter and remaining peanut butter on high for 20-50 seconds; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanutty Caramel Bars in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p33
Reviews for Peanutty Caramel Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review