- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until mixture is bubbly around the edges.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch and chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in peanuts and remaining peanut butter; spread over the oat mixture. Cool for 10 minutes; chill until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanutty Candy Bars
Sort By :
"Oh my! So rich and chewy! Very good as is, but the chocoholic in me wants to do as ljakes suggested and switch the amounts of chocolate and butterscotch chips around the next time I make them. I did use dark corn syrup as it was what I had on hand and I prefer it over the light."
"Pretty close to perfection in a square!"
"AWESOME, I did 1 pkg of choc. chips, and 1 c. butterscotch chips, in the frosting."
"This is one of my favorite go-to recipes! Everyone loves the mix of chocolate and peanut butter."
"Fantastic! I did decrease the brown sugar to 3/4 cup and used equal portions of butterscotch and choc chips, per previous reviewers suggestions."