Peanutty Candy Bars Recipe
These chewy, gooey bars surely won't last long. Good thing they're quick and easy to make!—Mary Schmittinger, Colgate, Wisconsin
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until mixture is bubbly around the edges.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch and chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in peanuts and remaining peanut butter; spread over the oat mixture. Cool for 10 minutes; chill until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 362 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Peanutty Candy Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC