Peanutty Candy Bars Recipe
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until mixture is bubbly around the edges.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch and chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in peanuts and remaining peanut butter; spread over the oat mixture. Cool for 10 minutes; chill until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar: 362 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Peanutty Candy Bars
"Oh my! So rich and chewy! Very good as is, but the chocoholic in me wants to do as ljakes suggested and switch the amounts of chocolate and butterscotch chips around the next time I make them. I did use dark corn syrup as it was what I had on hand and I prefer it over the light."
"Pretty close to perfection in a square!"
"AWESOME, I did 1 pkg of choc. chips, and 1 c. butterscotch chips, in the frosting."
"This is one of my favorite go-to recipes! Everyone loves the mix of chocolate and peanut butter."
"Fantastic! I did decrease the brown sugar to 3/4 cup and used equal portions of butterscotch and choc chips, per previous reviewers suggestions."
"These were some of the best squares I've ever made. So delicious, I've made them three times and the only problem is that it's almost impossible to keep from eating half of them in one sitting!"
"These were simply delicious!!! And they were very simple to make. I shared this recipe with all my friends!!Kathy BrownGreensboro, NC"
"I consider myself a pretty good cook. This recipe was followed to the letter. It was the worst thing I have baked in years. I ended up taking the chocolate/peanut topping off and throwing the rest in the trash. There was nothing chew, gooey about this recipe. I had to use a sharp knife to cut thru the bottom section, that's how hard it was."
"These bars were wonderful. I made them for a friend that doesn't like chocolate, but loves peanut butter. She loved these bars."
"There aren't many recipes that I don't find something to tweak just a little but this recipe is one I wouldn't touch. I've made them 3 times now and everyone loves them. quick to make with simple ingredients."
"Took these to an event just last night. What a hit!!!"
"LOVED the recipe,but was a little sweet for some people. I will cut down on the brown sugar next time."
"This is the best dessert. I couldn't stay out of them. It makes alot, so I took them to work and they were gone in no time. I will be making this again! Laura Purser"
"These taste like a mix between no-bake cookies and scotch-a-roos. My woman's group loved them!"
"These are like candy bars,use less sugar.Makes alot.Lois,N.S."