Peanutty Beef Skewers Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Pour 6 tablespoons marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Thread beef onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
2 skewers equal equals 462 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 831 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.