"For my husband and me, this recipe is a summer favorite, " relates Victoria Caddy of Winterville, North Carolina. "The aroma as it cooks on the grill is heavenly!"
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Pour 6 tablespoons marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Thread beef onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peanutty Beef Skewers in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p35
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Peanutty Beef Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review