- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh snow peas
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Additional hoisin sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and carrot is tender; drain. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the chestnuts, onions, snow peas, teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, vinegar and oil; heat through. Divide among lettuce leaves; drizzle with additional hoisin sauce if desired. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Peanutty Asian Lettuce Wraps
Sort By :
"Very good! Did not have any snow peas on hand. Grabbed reduced sodium soy sauce instead of the reduced sodium teriyaki sauce from the fridge. Used 6 frozen chicken tenderloins, thawed then diced, instead of turkey. Added a small amount of broccoli slaw in addition to the carrots. I used carrots that were the store bought julienned style then I cut them up with kitchen shears in a bowl. Used warmed flour tortillas instead of lettuce for the wrap. My husband said next time try chunky peanut butter. Will definitely make this again!"
"Easy & Delish!"
"Reminds me of something I might have in a Thai restaurant."
"This was delicious and so flavourful as others have said. Made it exactly as written and will definitely make it again!"
"Delicious! Better than restaurant quality. A big hit at our house!"