Peanutty Asian Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh snow peas
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Additional hoisin sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and carrot is tender; drain. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the chestnuts, onions, snow peas, teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, vinegar and oil; heat through. Divide among lettuce leaves; drizzle with additional hoisin sauce if desired. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Peanutty Asian Lettuce Wraps
Sort By :
Yum! This recipe was a hit , will definately make again. I used ground chicken, subbed red bell pepper & cole slaw mix for the snow peas & water chestnut s to use what I had.Chopped all veggies small in food processor.Added a touch of Chinese 5 spice to the sauce.Served with coconut rIce & fresh fruit.I used butter lettuce leaves(couldn't find bibb). I think endive leaves would work better. This would also work well as a filling for spring rolls, an Asian wrapp sandwich or Asian taco..
I made this recipe substituting cubed turkey and omitting the snow peas (personal preference) and they were amazing!! My 7 year old even loved them and rated them a 10 out of 10! Other readers were right, a little messy but definitely worth it!!
This recipe is super easy to follow and it is amazingly delicious! My whole family loved it!
Very good but much, much better with boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Much more flavorful.
I loved this recipe. The whole family enjoyed it. I could not find Bibb lettuce leaves so we simply used wheat tortillas. I added more carrots and snow peas than the recipe called for, and I thought it tasted great. No need to add more sauce. VERY FLAVORFUL!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >