Peanutty Asian Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh snow peas
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Additional hoisin sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and carrot is tender; drain. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the chestnuts, onions, snow peas, teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, vinegar and oil; heat through. Divide among lettuce leaves; drizzle with additional hoisin sauce if desired. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Peanutty Asian Lettuce Wraps(17)
Sort By :
Very good but much, much better with boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Much more flavorful.
I loved this recipe. The whole family enjoyed it. I could not find Bibb lettuce leaves so we simply used wheat tortillas. I added more carrots and snow peas than the recipe called for, and I thought it tasted great. No need to add more sauce. VERY FLAVORFUL!
This is delicious, my entire family loves it and asks me to make it again and again.
These are so delicious!!! I try to make them whenever I can. I double the recipe and freeze the leftovers, and they are just as delicious unfrozen as fresh! Most times I don't even use lettuce, just sprinkle some rice noodles on top and it is so good. This is a five star plus recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >