“I found this recipe years ago and immediately served it for a ‘company dinner’,” shares Lisa Mahon Fluegeman from Cincinnati, Ohio. “It’s easy and fun and takes only minutes to cook, but it makes a fancy entree for special occasions. The peanut butter and soy sauce lend a nice Asian flavor.”
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound turkey breast tenderloins
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients; set aside 1 tablespoon for basting. Cut turkey into long strips (about 1-1/2 in. wide x 1/4 in. thick). Add to soy sauce mixture in bowl; toss to coat.
- Weave turkey strips accordion-style onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until turkey is no longer pink, basting with reserved soy sauce mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Turkey Satay in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p13
Reviews for Peanut Turkey Satay
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review