Peanut Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended and sugar is dissolved. Set aside 6 tablespoons sauce.
- 2. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread the shrimp. Brush with remaining peanut sauce. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Brush with reserved sauce before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One kabob equals 151 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.