Peanut Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
In Middletown, Delaware, Helen Gilden gives shrimp a taste of the Orient. Soy sauce and peanut butter are combine in a sauce that glazes the shrimp nicely as she grills them. "I like to serve these kabobs as an appetizer when I'm entertaining," Helen notes.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended and sugar is dissolved. Set aside 6 tablespoons sauce.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread the shrimp. Brush with remaining peanut sauce. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Brush with reserved sauce before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Shrimp Kabobs in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p14
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Peanut Shrimp Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review