To shape these cookies, just flatten each dough log with a fork, the pinch in the center before baking.—Kristen Proulx, Canton, New York
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Shape into logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Pinch center to form peanut shape. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Cookies in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p21
Reviews for Peanut-Shaped Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review