Peanut Pudding Dessert Recipe
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Chocolate curls and additional chopped peanuts, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Stir in peanuts. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Carefully spread over crust.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with chocolate curls and additional peanuts if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 15-18 servings.
1 piece: 299 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Peanut Pudding Dessert
"I made this for my family and it was devoured. They loved the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. I would definitely give this a 5 star rating.Nancy Foust FE"
"I've had similar versions of this before, but the peanut butter & extra crunch from peanuts had great flavor. This is perfect for a potluck."
"Definitely a favorite in the family, making right now for a birthday celebration. This is delicious!!"
"This is a favorite both at home and at the office. I first made it as a birthday alternative for my son when he requsted the peanut butter cheesecake from a pricey chain restaurant. The consensus of opinion is that this is better! Everyone will rave if you make it. I buy the tiny Reese's peanut butter cups to sprinkle with the peanuts on top, or cut the miniatures into chunks if I can't find the tiny ones. It is a very special dessert."
"I have made this dessert many times, and everyone always goes crazy about it! I have also made it with cashews and almonds and was good that way too."
"Perfect dessert, easy to make and everyone love it."
"This was a dessert brought to our cousins reunion today and it was a big hit. Lots of peanut flavor and the texture of the crust is great."
"This dessert is a huge hit whenever I make it. It disappears fast and I always have people asking for the recipe."
"I made this when we went to my step daughter's for dinner, as I always take desserts. There were NO leftovers and everyone raved on how good it was. I have made several times and it is easy and has a great taste, not a heavy dessert."