- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Chocolate curls and additional chopped peanuts, optional
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Stir in peanuts. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Carefully spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with chocolate curls and additional peanuts if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 15-18 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Pudding Dessert
Sort By :
"I've had similar versions of this before, but the peanut butter & extra crunch from peanuts had great flavor. This is perfect for a potluck."
"Definitely a favorite in the family, making right now for a birthday celebration. This is delicious!!"
"This is a favorite both at home and at the office. I first made it as a birthday alternative for my son when he requsted the peanut butter cheesecake from a pricey chain restaurant. The consensus of opinion is that this is better! Everyone will rave if you make it. I buy the tiny Reese's peanut butter cups to sprinkle with the peanuts on top, or cut the miniatures into chunks if I can't find the tiny ones. It is a very special dessert."
"I have made this dessert many times, and everyone always goes crazy about it! I have also made it with cashews and almonds and was good that way too."
"Perfect dessert, easy to make and everyone love it."