I prepared this rich yummy dessert recently, and our guests wanted seconds. The crunchy chopped peanut crust is such a nice complement to the creamy chocolate and peanut butter layers. You're sure to be asking for seconds, too! -Patricia Senkow Dickson City, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Chocolate curls and additional chopped peanuts, optional
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Stir in peanuts. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Carefully spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with chocolate curls and additional peanuts if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 15-18 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Pudding Dessert in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p37
Reviews for Peanut Pudding Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review