I have several great peanut recipes...but these pralines are heavenly.—Belinda Brown, Wedowee, Alabama
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, buttermilk and butter. Cook and stir
- over low heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Cook
- over medium heat until a candy thermometer reds 234°-240°
- (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally. Add peanut butter,
- vanilla, baking soda and peanuts; stir rapidly until mixture is
- thickened and creamy. Drop quickly by tablespoonfuls onto waxed
- paper-lined or lightly buttered baking sheets, shaping into patties.
- Let stand until cool and set. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.
Editor's Note: The accuracy of your candy thermometer is very important.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 ounces) equals 298 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.