Peanut Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 pie pastry (9 inches), baked and cooled
- 2/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch, divided
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. Place confectioners' sugar in a bowl. Cut in the peanut butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish. Sprinkle remaining crumbs into the pie shell.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup cornstarch, egg yolks and milk; cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla, stirring until the butter melts. Pour into pie shell.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine remaining sugar and cornstarch with water; cook over low heat until thickened. Cool slightly. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold in cornstarch mixture. Spread meringue over the hot filling, sealing to edges. Sprinkle reserved peanut butter mixture over top. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 466 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Peanut Pie
"My husband always request this for his birthday.It's awesome. Only suggestion is to make sure you cooke the egg& milk mixture long enough so it will set up. You'll probably need to double the recipe, because everyone will want seconds."