Peanut Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 pie pastry (9 inches), baked and cooled
- 2/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch, divided
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. Place confectioners' sugar in a bowl. Cut in the peanut butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish. Sprinkle remaining crumbs into the pie shell.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup cornstarch, egg yolks and milk; cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla, stirring until the butter melts. Pour into pie shell.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine remaining sugar and cornstarch with water; cook over low heat until thickened. Cool slightly. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold in cornstarch mixture. Spread meringue over the hot filling, sealing to edges. Sprinkle reserved peanut butter mixture over top. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 466 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Pie
"My husband always request this for his birthday.It's awesome. Only suggestion is to make sure you cooke the egg& milk mixture long enough so it will set up. You'll probably need to double the recipe, because everyone will want seconds."