Peanut Oat Cookies
I'm not surprised when people say these are the best cookies they've ever had...I agree! Oats make them hearty and more delicious than traditional peanut butter cookies. —Stacia McLimore, Indianapolis, Indiana
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/4 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until
- light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Combine oats and baking soda; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 210 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.